Thursday 12 July 2007

Hello!

Welcome to Curlew Country - a blog inspired by my glorious surroundings in the Staffordshire Moorlands. I've read some truly gorgeous blogs lately and thought I'd have a go creating my own to record special things about this lovely area, beautiful things I see and nice places I've been to.

This wonderful shot picture taken by Chris Rushton is of the so-called Princess of Teck's Chair, looking towards Hen Cloud on the Roaches and was entered in the 2007 Friends of the Peak District photographic competition (the organisation which I work for in Sheffield). Sadly it didn't win but is such a glorious image of the Staffordshire Moorlands that I thought I'd showcase it here to illustrate why I find this place so inspiring. Hope Chris won't mind.

Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Dogbert said...

Wonderfull rock an d landscape, it seems like the "Roche de Solutré" in France.
Nice picture